Originally an internal function, we've made this one visible in case it's useful to others.
This returns a list of all the "words" in the text that start with either $ or @.
We use this in BaseElements to retrieve all the variables from a calculation.
- text : the text to search on.
- wordPrefix : if left out, the default is both $ and @. Otherwise you can specifiy a single option, either $ or @.
Text Extract Word
- 4.2 : Made visible in the functions list.
- words are delimited ( ended ) by one of the following characters :" ;+-=*/&^<>\t\r()\u2260\u2264\u2265,"
- Note that this list of characters includes a space.
The ones starting with \u are single unicode characters.
- Also note that this function leaves out code within FileMaker comments, so from // to the endOfLine and from /* to */.
It won't find any examples inside those characters.