Performs SQL commands on the tables inside FileMaker.
- sqlStatement : the command to perform.
- columnSeparator : the column separator for the output data - single characters only.
- rowSeparator : the row separator for the output data - single characters only.
- databaseName : allows you to specify an open database other than the current one.asText( optional, added in 4.2 ) : this is True by default as the SQL returns data from fields as text. Set this to false when retrieving a single container field.outputPath( optional, added in 4.2 ) : Allows you to write the result of the SQL query to disk.
- asText : outputPath
- 1.2 :
- 1.3 : added optional database parameter to allow operations on databases other than the current one.
- 4.2 : return container/binary data in addition to text (new asText parameter) and outputPath parameter added.
- 4.2 ) : this is True by default as the SQL returns data from fields as text. Set this to false when retrieving a single container field.
the new asText only allows you to return a single file. So although you can perform an SQL query that selects multiple container fields at once, writing them to a container field doesn't make sense, and writing to disk becomes complex when matched with a need to specific all the paths and filenames. So this function is, by design, limited to a single container field at a time. If you need multiple fields, use a loop script, or while function.